Thursday, July 20, 2017

Five Minute Friday: COMFORT

This is my first time participating in the Five Minute Friday Link-Up.

Prompt: Comfort
What comes to mind when you think of the word COMFORT?

Set Timer . . . Ready . . . Set . . . Here Goes . . .

Life's circumstances weigh heavy on my heart. During discouraging times, I look to the Bible and God for encouragement, hope, and COMFORT. He is the ultimate Comforter. He will shower me with his unconditional love and release me from worry if I open my heart and soul to Him and listen.

The verse Psalm 147:3 comes to mind "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
I know that God is always there for me no matter what. I seek comfort in Him so I can live a joyful life. He'll give me peace when I am anxious. He'll give me rest if I come to Him exhausted. He'll heal the deep pain I feel and just can't let go. He'll give me strength when I am weak. I have COMFORT knowing He is and always will be there for me just as He is there for you. I'll never be alone no matter what obstacles are thrown at me in life. He'll never leave me.

Comfort can be found in many place. Some people find COMFORT in delicious foods, family time, friendships, home, pets, hobbies, quietness, nature . . . but I seek God and the truth of the Word. When I read Scripture and pray to God . . . I feel Him comforting me. My mood is calmer and I breath slower. I am more relaxed.

I pray that you will find your comfort in our Heavenly Father today. Let Him know what is on your heart.  

I will link this post up at the Five Minute Friday Link-Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment