Friday, February 3, 2017

C is for Cheese Krapfen

We received our Home School in the Woods HISTORY Through the Ages Project Passport World History Study: Renaissance and Reformation and have been working through the stops. My daughter and I learned about popular food eaten during this particular time period. 

The student creates a booklet of Renaissance Feasting which contains a handful of interesting recipes. Alyssa chose several that she REALLY wanted to try with me. We recently made Cheese Krapfens which are a type of cheese biscuit or donut. The recipe called for more flour than required. It also used 2 cups of fresh Parmesan cheese.   

To be quite honest, we weren't sure what to think of them. Partly, because we are extremely sick and our taste buds are off right now. We definitely felt like they tasted more like a biscuit than a donut. I think we were hoping they would taste like Red Lobster's biscuits but of course they didn't. They had a strong cheesy, yeast flavor. We enjoyed the process more than the end product for this recipe. Although, it was a neat experience tasting food that was eaten during the time period. 

I will link this post up at A Net in Time and Hopkins Homeschool's Blogging Through the Alphabet Linky. Come check out the Letter C posts this week! 
A Net In Time Schooling

3 comments:

  1. recipe? Where's the recipe???? I like cheese biscuits....I'm feeling bereft...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like the Red Lobster cheese biscuits. I wonder if you made some modifications to the recipe, if you could make them taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an interesting recipe! I will have to check it out, see if we taste something different ;-) Thank you for joining us in blogging through the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete