Wednesday, December 28, 2016

DIY Ceramic Tile Christmas Gifts

I didn't blog last week, because I decided to unplug and spend time with my daughter since she was with me this Christmas. These are moments I don't want to miss out on especially when she so young. She asked me to take a break from computer and work-related activities . . . luckily I could and did.

I wanted to share a meaningful "Do It Yourself" (DIY) activity. Alyssa made a ceramic tile gift for her piano teacher and aunt as a Christmas gift this year, but it could definitely be created any time of the year as a gift for someone special for any occasion at any time of the year. 

Let me start with the Photo Ceramic Tile Gift. First, we adjusted the size of the photo to be printed on white copy paper. She chose a picture of her with her piano teacher from recital day. Alyssa used acrylic paint to sponge paint the edges of the tile brown and off white paint to paint the clothespins for the back. Then, she used Modge Podge on the front and back of the photo to apply it to the center of the tile. She carefully worked out any wrinkles. The next step was to spray clear acrylic over the entire project after it dried. Finally, we hot glued the two painted clothespins to the back to create a stand. We meant to cover the back with felt, but it wasn't absolutely necessary.   

The next ceramic tile gift was just a mini sunflower painting my daughter made for her aunt. Her aunt Sammie LOVES sunflowers and the color yellow. After painting it, we sprayed it with clear acrylic and attached the clothespins to the back. 

These gifts can be personalized in any way you desire and they are pretty easy to make. I hope you enjoyed your visit. See you soon! I will link this post up at Virtual Refrigerator. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!  

2 comments:

  1. The personalization of the gift is so special! What a wonderful memory for those who were given the gifts. What a blessing to your daughter to take the time to create with her. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up :) You are this weeks feature craft

    Beautiful job well done and I love the idea of using clothing pegs for a stand!

    ReplyDelete