Monday, February 11, 2013

100 Bible Verse Challenge in 2013: Week 6 and 7

We are still participating in the 100 Bible Verse Challenge mentioned here. Memorizing two verses a week has become more of a challenge for our family the past three weeks. I just noticed that the verse I mentioned during Week 5 is now one of the verses I must memorize. God must have been preparing me for what was to come.  

I never did post last week's verses. Unfortunately, we did NOT spend a lot of time memorizing them. I never even added them to my daughter's Kindle until the other day. Alyssa is already attempting to memorize the verses since they have been added to her list. We fell behind when Alyssa got sick and we have been struggling since then to catch up. Then, we were extremely busy with the house plans. Excuses ... excuses ... excuses. This should NOT ever be an excuse. God and His Word must be the most important thing in our lives ... something we attend to immediately upon waking up. I shouldn't ever let anything get in the way of us dedicating our time to commit verses to memory.

Take a few moments to read the following verses. Try to commit them to memory and store them in your heart.

Week 6
"The Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." (Joshua 1:8 ESV)

"I have stored up Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11)

Week 7
"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." (Deuteronomy 6:6-7 ESV)

*Please note this verse can be broken down into two parts making it easier for younger children. 

As I type these verses, I hear God calling me to teach my daughter His Word. I made the mistake of putting other subjects and events before our Bible study. The verses above clearly indicate that I must diligently teach Alyssa. The key word being DILIGENTLY. I have not been diligent with my scripture teachings this week. This message is one we must all hear. Stop and listen to God speaking to you through His Words telling you His wishes. 


Are you prepared to teach your children diligently no matter the circumstances in your environment? Are you making excuses for not making God and His Word the center of your day.  
I know what we must do - starting today! 


I will link up this post at 100 Bible Verses in 2013 hosted by Marcy at Ben and Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment