Monday, January 14, 2013

100 Bible Verse Challenge in 2013: Week 2 and 3

We have been CONSISTENTLY memorizing Bible scripture for two weeks now. I guess I forgot to post week two verses on my blog. I really thought that I posted the information! I am not sure what happened to it. Well ... if you haven't read my previous post about this challenge, then you can read about it here. Basically, we memorize two Bible verses per week from Robert J. Morgan's 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know By Heart. You do not need to purchase the book to participate, however from what I hear ... it is full of helpful information. I added the book to my wish list. Jeff (mu hubby) also joined in on the fun when I told him about the challenge. This is just what the doctor ordered for our family. This is a great starting point for us and a challenge I hope to continue year after year.

I guess I underestimated my daughter's memory skills because Alyssa memorized the verses at a faster rate than both of us. I am so proud of her weekly accomplishments! Last week my husband and I were both challenged with the verse John 1:14. My five-year-old daughter memorized it after two practice days. I think I have it down now ... Alyssa is planning on giving me a surprise pop quiz later tonight before bedtime. I hope I pass the test!

Week 2 Verses
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16 ESV)

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14 ESV)

Week 3 Verses
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," (Romans 3:23 ESV)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 6:23 ESV)

This week's scripture verses look easier than last week's verses. Good luck everyone! I hope to hear from several participants in the comment section. Don't forget to ask Shanna from Learning at His Feet to add you to her ever so popular, growing Facebook group. Last I heard there were over 330 participants taking on this most important challenge. Hurry up and join so that you can take advantage of the recently offered discount code for a signed copy of the author's book. The author also has FREE memory card downloads on his website that you may find helpful.

Are you keeping up with the challenge? What verse was most challenging to you this week? Were you able to memorize both of them in time? 

God bless,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment