Friday, November 2, 2012

Thursday Quick Tip: Winter Glove Erasers

If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you will notice that I quite often use black winter gloves as dry erase markers with games, activity bags, and during lessons. I also used them while playing Activity Bags LLC's Reading and Math Games in a Bag. Be sure to read my recent review of this product here

Years ago when teaching second grade, I realized quickly I was in dire need of dry erase markers for activities done using mini dry erase boards at centers and during whole class lessons. I searched around at stores and brainstormed ideas. I found out that winter gloves were reasonably priced and each purchase contained two or three pairs of gloves. I stocked up my supply and bought all black gloves. Obviously, one child only needs one black glove so I really didn't need to purchase many for a class set. I stored them in a clear tub with a lid and occasionally wash them. I have seen many people on the internet, including the Activity Bag authors, use cut felt squares as erasers. 

At times, Alyssa will wear the glove on her hands to erase the markings and other times she just wipes off the markings without putting them on. Beware ... when you wash them they will obviously shrink making it almost impossible even with stretching to fit on larger adult hands. You can always wash the gloves by hand and air dry them to make them last longer. The great thing about this idea is that the markers slide easily into the glove. I currently store a thick and thin Expo marker in the gloves. 


I will link this post at Marcy's Ben and Me blog as part of her Thursday Quick Tip linky. Do you have any helpful quick tips for us? If so, click on the link above and share your post. 

Thursday Quick Tips

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Tracey

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea...it's the little tips like this that make a BIG difference for me!

    ReplyDelete